Astana Hub Participant - a legal entity - resident or non-resident of the Republic of Kazakhstan, which generates income from the implementation of priority activities and is registered as a participant of Astana Hub, has received a corresponding certificate, has the right to use the services of Astana Hub, the right to receive tax benefits, simplified visa regime and other benefits stipulated by the legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
Companies with what areas of activity can become participants of Astana Hub?
Astana hub’s Participants can be companies that implement activities within the List of Priority Activities approved by the Order of the acting Minister of Digital Development, Defense and Aerospace Industry of the Republic of Kazakhstan dated April 11, 2019 No. 37 / NK
What are the requirements for Astana Hub participants upon registration?
- not related to organizations that implement (have implemented) an investment priority project in accordance with Article 284 of the Entrepreneurial Code of the Republic of Kazakhstan dated October 29, 2015, as well as an investment strategic project under investment contracts concluded before January 1, 2015;
- fifty or more percent of shares (stakes in the authorized capital) of which do not directly or indirectly belong to the state, national managing holdings, national holdings and national companies or their subsidiaries;
- not being a subsoil user and a member of a special economic zone;
- is not a payer of excisable goods in accordance with Article 461 of the Tax Code;
- earning income from the implementation of activities corresponding to one or several types of activities specified in the List of priority activities approved by the Order of the acting Minister of Digital Development, Defense and Aerospace Industry of the Republic of Kazakhstan dated April 11, 2019 No. 37 / NҚ;
- which at the time of filing an application for registration does not have branches.
Can a foreign company register as a participant in Astana Hub?
Can a company located outside Nur-Sultan city become a member of Astana Hub?
Registration as Astana Hub participants is carried out on the basis of the principle of extraterritoriality, which is valid until January 1, 2024. A participant does not need to be in Nur-Sultan city to become Hub’s participant.
What documents must be submitted to Astana Hub to register as a participant?
The list of documents required for registration as a participant of Astana Hub is presented in the "Documents" section.
Can I submit documents in English?
Yes. The application and the documents attached to it are formed and attached at the choice of the applicant in Kazakh or Russian, or in English. When submitting documents in English, Astana Hub provides their translation into Kazakh or Russian.
Is there a project business plan template?
A business plan is drawn up in any form in any format (ppt, doc, pdf, etc.). Nevertheless, there are requirements for the content of the business plan, in particular, it must contain:
- project description;
- a description of the expected end result during the implementation of the project;
- specific measures for their implementation and development;
- types and volumes of goods (works, services, property rights) intended for sale;
- justification of the need for their implementation and the expected receipt of proceeds (income) from this sale.
How to apply for participation in Astana Hub?
It is necessary to create a personal account on the Astana Hub portal and submit an electronic application with the necessary documents attached.
What is the procedure for registering a company as a participant of Astana Hub consists of?
- Submission of an electronic application with the obligatory attachment of the necessary documentation on the Astana Hub website.
- Preliminary consideration of the Astana Hub application.
- Consideration of the application by the commission.
- Notification of the decision of the commission based on the results of consideration of the application.
- Conclusion of an agreement on the terms of participation in Astana Hub.
- Issuance of a certificate confirming the registration of the company as a participant in Astana Hub.
- Inclusion in the List of registered participants of Astana Hub.
Is there a fee to register as a member of Astana Hub?
No. Registration is free.
After submitting an application, how can I find out the status?
All messages and notifications regarding the application are sent through the Astana Hub website to the applicant's personal account. It is necessary to track messages in your personal account.
How long does it take to process an application?
The term for consideration of the application cannot exceed 15 (fifteen) working days:
- preliminary consideration by Astana Hub of the application and documents for completeness and proper execution - no more than 5 (five) working days from the date of receipt of the application;
- consideration of the application and documents by the commission and making a decision on the registration of the applicant as a participant in Astana Hub - no more than 10 (ten) working days from the date of receipt of the application.
Will tax remissions apply after registration by default?
No. After receiving a certificate of registration as a participant in Astana Hub, the latter applies to the territorial tax authority with a notification, drawn up in any form, about registration as a participant in Astana Hub and a copy of the certificate.
What taxes are exempt from Astana Hub members?
- Corporate income tax (hereinafter - CIT);
- Value added tax (hereinafter - VAT) charged for income from the sale of goods (produced and sold), works, services, as well as VAT on the import of certain goods, VAT for the turnover of the purchase of works, services from a non-resident;
- Individual income tax (hereinafter - IIT) payable by employees of the Technopark participant;
- Tax (CIT or IIT) charged on the income of a non-resident from a source in the Republic of Kazakhstan, royalty tax paid by a participant;
- Taxation of non-residents in terms of dividends received from the Technopark participant and the increase in the value of shares or the share of the Technopark participant is carried out at a rate of 5% (except for individuals). There is also a possibility of exemption from CIT payment for receiving dividends from a Technopark participant, if the requirements provided for by subparagraphs 4 of paragraph 9 of Article 645 of the Tax Code of the Republic of Kazakhstan are met;
- Social tax for non-resident workers.
For how long are tax credits granted?
Tax incentives are valid until January 1, 2029, with the exception of royalty tax, which is valid until January 1, 2024.
Do you need a permit to hire foreign workers?
No. This requirement does not apply to Astana Hub participants.
For how many years is a work visa issued?
The visa is issued for up to 5 years.
How to place a workplace or office on the territory of Astana Hub?
The Hub Space program allows you to rent a workplace on the basis of the Hub. More detailed information can be found here.
Still have questions?
Leave a request and we will contact you for a consultation